KS | The Kansas legislature today announced the adoption of HB 2090. The law, which takes effect on July 1, 2023, addresses the following issues:
- Authorizes the assessment of certain application fees
- Specifies the appropriate use of information collected from background checks, fingerprinting, and criminal histories
- Discontinues annual registration fees for prepaid service plans
- Modifies the reporting requirements for individuals soliciting prepaid service plan memberships
- Decreases the premium tax rate for surplus lines
The law also amends or repeals other sections of Kansas insurance law.
Click here to read the law for additional information.