SC | The South Carolina Department of Insurance today issued Bulletin Number 2023-06. It outlines changes to state law enacted during the 2023 legislative session that affect pharmacy benefit managers and pharmacy services administrative organizations, including:
- Expansion of rights of pharmacy providers during audits
- Audit frequency requirements for PBMs/PSAOs
- Changes to definitions
- Repeal and replacement of the “Any Willing Pharmacist” law.
- Provision for an external review process
- Authorization for the Department to license and regulate PSAOs
PSAO licensing will begin on October 15, 2023. The final deadline for applications is December 15, 2023.
Click here to read the bulletin for more information.