CA| The Curriculum Board, appointed by the California Insurance Commissioner, has revised the Educational Objectives for the Life-only and the Accident & Health Agent licenses.
In the Notice to Prelicensing Education Providers, dated October 28, 2019, the updated Educational Objectives are listed and linked for download as listed below.
- Life-Only Educational Objectives
- Life-Only Spanish Language Educational Objectives
- Accident & Health Agent Educational Objectives
- Accident & Health Agent Spanish Language Educational Objectives
Instructions for Renewing and Existing Prelicensing Course in Life and Accident/Health
The following steps to be completed prior to the course’s renewal date.
- submit completed provider course renewal letter
- pay renewal filing fee of $41 per course
- submit updated course materials; and,
- provide cross-referenced documents that show where updated Education Objectives topics are covered in the revised courses
Instructions for Submitting NEW Prelicensing Course for Life and Accident/Health
Effective immediately, providers submitting new course must submit the following:
- submit a complete prelicensing/CE program course for approval
- pay a filing fee of $83 per course
- submit all applicable checklist items on the course application; and,
- provide cross-referenced documents that show where updated Education Objectives topics are covered in the new course materials
Questions should be directed to the Curriculum and Officer Review Bureau at CDI.Education@insurance.ca.gov or their Education Unit at (916) 492-3064