DE| On July 1, 2019, Delaware issued House Bill 242. The bill was updated on August 12, 2019.
Below is a bulleted list of the changes.
- A new $2,000 filing fee cap that can be found in House Bill No. 242 that was issued at the beginning of July in the state of Delaware.
- Form filings that are made on a group basis, the $2,000 filing cap will be applied to each insurer within the filing.
- There should be no fee submitted with an informational filing.
- Requesting a refund has to be done before the department takes any administrative actions. If requested after any action has been taken on the filing the request for the refund will be denied.
- If you submit a file with insufficient funds the department will send you a notice via email, you will have seven days to correct the deficiency or the filing will be rejected and a refund will not be provided.
Click here to read the full bulletin
For more information carriers are encouraged to email RateDivision@delaware.gov