HI | Due to the effects of COVID-19 on the insurance industry in Hawaii, the Commissioner has issued a memorandum regarding online licensing and renewals.
Effective November 15, 2020, applications for the following must be submitted online.
- Resident & Non-Resident Producer Licenses;
- Resident & Nonresident Producer Limited Lines Producer licenses, with the exception of applications for Limited Lines Self-Service Storage Producer licenses. Applications for Limited Lines Self-Service Storage Producer licenses must be submitted via hard copy to the Insurance Division;
- Resident & Nonresident Limited Lines Motor Vehicle Rental Company Producer licenses; and
- Resident & Nonresident Surplus Lines Broker licenses.
The renewals for the following licenses (resident and nonresident) shall be submitted online. No hard copy license renewals for these licenses shall be accepted at the Insurance Division office.
- Independent Adjuster;
- Independent Bill Reviewer;
- Life Settlement Broker;
- Life Settlement Provider;
- Limited Lines Motor Vehicle Rental Company Producer;
- Limited Lines Portable Electronic Producer;
- Limited Lines Producer;
- Managing General Agent;
- Public Adjuster;
- Reinsurance Intermediary Broker;
- Reinsurance Intermediary Manager;
- Surplus Line Broker