NC| North Carolina Insurance Commissioner Mike Causey took the oath of office for his second term as North Carolina’s Insurance Commissioner on January 9, 2021.
Commissioner Causey has outlined some of his top priorities for his second term. Commissioner Causey will:
- Increase efforts to fight insurance fraud.
- Increase transparency with health insurance, health care billing and prescription drug pricing to address surprise billing issues and give consumers choices.
- Promote Hands-Free legislation to fight distracted driving to save lives and lower insurance premiums.
- Mitigate potential flood damage by encouraging consumers to purchase flood insurance. Commissioner Causey has worked with the N.C. Rate Bureau to provide a private policy in the state as an alternative to the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Increase support for the fire service to boost injury and fire prevention.