NY | The New York Department of Financial Services (DFS) today issued Insurance Circular Letter No. 2 (2023). It provides guidance for determining a “reasonable fee” under the independent dispute resolution process. The letter is of interest to:
- Insurers authorized to write accident and health insurance in New York State,
- Article 43 Corporations,
- Health maintenance organizations,
- Student health plans certified pursuant to Insurance Law § 1124,
- Municipal cooperative health benefit plans,
- Prepaid health services plans, and
- Health care providers.
Click here to read the letter for specific information.