DE | The bulletin serves as notice that House Bill 174 was signed into law on July 31, 2019, entitled the Delaware Insurance Data Security Act.
Update: As of October 8, 2020, the email address to which notices of data breach can be sent has been changed.
The Act requires all licensees to:
- Implement information security programs and conduct risk assessments.
- Conduct Investigations
- Notify Department within 3 days
- Notify impacted consumers within 60 days
The bulletin also lists the information required when notifying the Department of an event via email to email@example.com:
- When it was found
- When it actually occurred
- How it occurred
- What was breached
- How many consumers affected
- List of affected policyholders
- Copy of notification being sent to policyholders
Those who are subject to the Act must submit the following to the Commissioner no later than February 15th:
- A written statement, certifying that the insurer is in compliance with the requirements of the Act. This may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the Insurance Data Security Act Affidavit