DE| Delaware Department of Insurance Issues Universally Applicable Bulletin No. 5 – Dated August 29, 2019.
The bulletin serves as notice that House Bill 174 was signed into law on July 31, 2019, entitled the Delaware Insurance Data Security Act.
The Act requires all licensees to:
- Implement information security programs and conduct risk assessments.
- Conduct Investigations
- Notify Department within 3 days
- Notify impacted consumers within60 days
The bulletin also lists the information required when notifying the Department of an event via email to email@example.com:
- When it was found
- When it actually occurred
- How it occurred
- What was breached
- How many consumers affected
- List of affected policyholders
- Copy of notification being sent to policyholders