LA | On June 20, 2019, the Louisiana Department of Insurance issued Advisory Letter No. 2019-03. This letter announces a fee increase for NEW individual producer appointments from $20 to $30. This fee change takes effect on July 1, 2019. The fee for individual appointment renewals remains unchanged at $20.
The letter also provides a reminder of key dates for the individual appointment renewal process:
- Appointment renewals due annually on January 1
- Appointment invoices available on or around November 27, 2019
- Appointment invoices due on or before December 31, 2019
- Renewed appointments remain active through December 31, 2020
Fees for new agency appointments and agency appointment renewals will increase from $20 to $100. This fee change also takes effect on July 1, 2019.
The following dates apply for the agency appointment renewal process:
- Appointment renewals due annually by August 1
- Appointment invoices available on NIPR by August 1, 2019
- Renewed appointment remain active through July 31, 2020
Agency appointments renewed as of April 30, 2019, must be renewed again in August. The fee for these transitional renewals will be $80. For August 2019 appointment renewals ONLY, the renewal deadline is extended to September 3, 2019.
Click here to read the advisory letter in full.