MN| The memo mentions that with the change business practices in response to COVID-19, it is critical that you take the time to review your data security practices. Whether you are working from home or in the office, ensure that your clients’ data is secure. Below are the tips offered in the memo.
- Track your daily e-file acknowledgments
- Track your weekly Electronic Filing Identification Number (EFIN) usage
- Track your weekly Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) usage
- If you have a Centralized Authorization File (CAF) Number, keep your authorizations up to date
- Create your online accounts using Secure Access