OK | The Oklahoma Insurance Department today issued LH Bulletin No. 2020-02. It offers guidance to Life and Health insurers and HMOs in responding to the current public health emergency. In particular, the bulletin urges carriers to:
- review their internal processes and continuity of operation
- provide prompt responses to insureds’ questions regarding benefits, especially telemedicine
- facilitate the provision of telemedicine services
- waive cost-sharing for COVID-19 testing
- evaluate the capacity of their provider networks
- expedite utilization review and appeals processes
- make expedited formulary exceptions
- remove barriers to testing and treatment of COVID-19
- offer a grace period for non-payment of premium
- suspend underwriting rules for group participation minimum requirements
The bulletin also offers information on pharmacy benefits managers and medical professional liability insurance.
NOTE: This bulletin (originally issued on March 17, 2020, was subsequently amended on April 29, 2020. The link below connects to the latest version.
Click here to read the bulletin for more information.