PR | Over the last few weeks, Puerto Rico’s Oficina del Comisionado de Seguros has issued several Ruling Letters to insurers and various health services providers. The letters outline actions these providers should take in response to the recent series of natural disasters affecting the island.
These bulletins are listed below. Note that some later bulletins amend previous ones, so please review all bulletins before taking action.
- RULING LETTER NO. CN-2020-253-D (January 8, 2020) – Grace Period for Payment of Premium and Temporary Postponement of Cancelation of Policies Due to Lack of Payment
- RULING LETTER NO. CN-2020-254-D (January 8, 2020) – Payment of Premium, Management of Dispensing of Medication, Out of Network Providers, Preauthorizations, Referrals, and Claims by Providers, Insureds, and Subscribers
- RULING LETTER NO.: CN-2020-255-EX (January 9, 2020) – Catastrophe Insurance Loss Reserve
- RULING LETTER NO. CN-2020-256-D (January 13, 2020) – Seismic Events in January 2020 – Exclusions of Coverage for Unoccupied or Vacant Property
- RULING LETTER NO: CN-2020-257-D (January 21, 2020) AMENDMENT
- RULING LETTER NO. CN-2020-258-D (January 21, 2020) AMENDMENT
- RULING LETTER NO. CN-2020-259-D (January 27, 2020) AMENDMENT
- RULING LETTER NO. CN-2020-260-D (January 29, 2020) – Implementation of the Form for Gathering Statistical Data on Claims Related to Earthquake Activity in Puerto Rico