TN | The Tennessee Department of Revenue has announced that franchise and excise tax filings are moving to Tennessee Taxpayer Access Point (TNTAP) at the end of May 2018.
All returns and payments filed before the end of May 2018 should be filed using the Department’s existing franchise and excise tax website or through your software vendor.
Some return and payment options will be available in TNTAP without needing to create a username and password:
- Minimum $100 franchise & excise tax return
- Payments (including extensions, estimated, and return payments)
- Franchise and excise tax exemption application and renewal
- A tax preparer or client can make a payment without logging in, even if the return is submitted using software. These non-logon features are only available for these types after they go live in TNTAP at the end of May.
Some of the benefits of having a a TNTAP account include:
- Filing a franchise & excise tax return
- Viewing carry forwards and estimated payments on franchise & excise tax accounts
- Sending messages to the TN Department of Revenue
- Viewing account payments, returns, and balances
- Updating business information such as name, address, and contacts.
Click here for more information.